You might be thinking that your current garage meets all of your needs and desires, but what if we told you that this space could be even better? By making a few simple changes, you could really have the garage of your dreams. Here are 5 ideas that can turn your garage into the space of your dreams:
- Improve your garage floor: Most of the time, garage floors are a layer of concrete that gets dirty and can flake over time. To transform your garage floor, we recommend using a floor coating or installing PVC floor tiles. Flooring like these are easier to clean and maintain and you will be amazed at how much nicer your floor looks.
- Install a cabinet system: Tools seem to take over garages and one of the best ways to corral all of those tools is to place them into a cabinet. These cabinet systems are available in many sizes and we recommend that you choose a size that is slightly larger than what you think you will need. This will allow you to have extra space for items that you will undoubtedly purchase in the future.
- Install a wall storage system: If the floor of your garage is always cluttered with bicycles, extension cords, leaf blowers and more, it is time to utilize your wall space. We recommend hanging hooks on your walls to store many of these items.
- Use overhead storage space: Bicycles, kayaks, and other bulky items can also be stored on racks that hang from the ceiling. This type of storage will free up floor and wall space for everything else that you own.
- Replace your garage door: Replacing your garage door might not seem like it would improve the space inside your garage, but what is the point of doing all of the work inside the garage and then having a worn out, beat up garage door being seen on the outside? A garage door is one of the first items that a person sees when they are looking at your home. We recommend that you install a new garage door that matches the architecture of your home and then let everyone be wowed when they see the fabulous space inside when you open the door.
Remodel Your Garage in Albuquerque
These five changes can turn your garage from a space that you dread walking into to a space that you want to spend a lot of time in. You will be adding curb appeal to your property with a new garage door as well as adding value to your home while improving the functionality of your garage.
Give us a call at 505-991-0063 if you’re in the Albuquerque area and would like to schedule a consultation with us. We’ll evaluate your existing garage and discuss how we can remodel it to improve the functionality and make the most of the space available. We can also help you design an amazing garage if you don’t have one. We’ll help you decide the best placement and design for your new garage.