Skylights lost a lot of popularity in the 80s when many of them leaked and caused structural problems. Today’s skylights are much less likely to leak, making more people realize that skylights can be a good addition to their home. If you have been considering skylights or solar tunnels, you will want to see these 8 reasons as to why you need skylights in your home.
- More Natural Lighting: Skylights can add quite a bit more natural light inside your home. Since the light is coming in from the ceiling, you will not have to worry about light getting around walls, furniture and other objects before it reaches the room.
- Improved Heating: Skylights can make your house a little warmer when the sun is shining. This can be helpful during those colder months like January through March when you want a little more warmth inside your home without turning the heat on as often.
- Increased Sense of Space: A well placed skylight in a room can make the space feel and look larger. The addition of natural lighting coming from the ceiling makes the ceiling appear higher and the room feel bigger.
- Fresh Air Circulation: Some skylights are vented which means that they operate almost the same as a real window. Imagine installing a skylight in your room and being able to open that skylight with a remote as you are lying in bed at night or in the morning.
- Lower Energy Bills: With all of the natural light that comes in through the skylight, you will have lower energy bills because you’ll have fewer lights turned on and off during the day.
- Wake Up Refreshed: If you are a person that loves waking up to the sun, then a skylight is perfect for you. As soon as the day begins and the first rays of sun appear, you will see them through the skylight.
- Nourish Your Houseplants: Every plant that you have in your house will grow much better if they are kept near the skylights.
- Beat the Winter Blues: We don’t have a very long winter here in the Albuquerque area, but some people still feel the effects of cabin fever. You will not have to worry about being depressed as much during the winter months, because you will be exposed to more natural light during the day.
Skylights can make you happier year round with all of their natural light. They are available in many different sizes, so you can choose the perfect one for every space in your house. Give us a call at 505-991-0063 to schedule an appointment for a consultation or to discuss the installation of skylights or sun tunnels in your home.