The deck is one of the favorite places for many homeowners to hang out and enjoy the weather, so we wanted to take a few minutes to day to mention a few ways you can remodel the deck to better fit your lifestyle. We understand that the Albuquerque sun can be quite punishing and make it difficult to enjoy your deck as you wish you could. So take a look at some of these deck remodeling ideas.
- Add a Pergola: A pergola is a lovely way to add dimension and life to your deck. Plant a few vines that love the heat and sunshine. They will provide color and shade so you can enjoy the great outdoors a little more.
- Cover Part of the Deck: A slight twist to the covered porch idea – cover part of your deck. A covered deck provides a lot of shade and allows you to spend more time outdoors. Go the extra mile and install a couple of ceiling fans to create your own breeze where there may otherwise be none.
- Add Multiple Tiers: Regardless of whether your deck is flush with the second story of your home or hardly off the ground, it’s easy to add tiers. We can build up from the ground floor or down from the second floor, creating multiple tiers as we go. Each tier offers a new spot for your guests to enjoy spending time.
- Make it Accessible: Create a handicap accessible deck by improving the railing and access points. Make all of your friends and family feel welcome regardless of their mobility level.
- Implement Water Elements: A small pond, a waterfall, or a fountain adds ambience to the deck and makes it feel more alive. Water features are a wonderful way to add a relaxing touch to your deck.
- Implement Fire Elements: Tiki torches, fire pits, or open fireplaces aren’t necessarily needed for heat, but they do help ward off mosquitoes and other night time pests. Fire features provide additional ambient lighting for your guests or set a romantic mood for that one special guest.
- Add Lighting: Lighting options for the deck vary greatly depending on the type of lighting you prefer. Under-rail lighting is great for ambience where torches or bright lamps are perfect for really lighting it up.
- Add Built-in Seating: Built-in seating is a great way to add to the functionality of the deck. Make the new seating serve a dual purpose by creating storage underneath. Storage benches also allow you to store decorations in a safe spot until they are needed again.
Hendren Construction Company is located in Albuquerque, NM. We provide all types of remodeling and home construction services to homeowners in the greater Albuquerque area. Give us a call at 505-991-0063 to schedule an appointment for a consultation or if you would like to discuss your own deck remodeling ideas in detail.